You're a graduate constantly looking to develop your expertise and skills and put them into practice? Then our internships are exactly what you're looking for.
In what areas are internships on offer?
For every job vacancy we believe is suitable for a university or technical college graduate, we have an internship. Visit our job market and see what vacancies we have for graduate interns at the moment. You’ll find an address to apply to and possibly a deadline for the application. This post will be your first port of call on your professional journey.
What does a typical internship look like?
The internships usually take 12 months. The following are integral parts of the programme:
- Intensive introductory weeks to get to know the company and all its operations.
- Programme with longer stints in departments to which your future job has an internal customer or supplier relationship.
- Information events to become familiar with the corporation.
- Events to promote networking between the interns (i.e. visits to external customers).
- Seminars and training courses to prepare for technical and management roles.
- Intensive preparation in the area you'll be working in later on (e.g. production, maintenance, quality control, marketing, sales or controlling).
As an intern you'll be trying out and improving your skills in practice. Qualified seminars and training courses will help you to develop your social and communication skills. By talking to your mentor and other interns you'll be focusing on the future - your own and Salzgitter's. Together with us.